2020 Turkish Grand Prix – Race
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton was crowned world champion for a record-equalling seventh time, his fourth title in a row, after winning an incredibly tricky Turkish Grand Prix. Hamilton used the Cinturato Blue full wet tyres for eight laps followed by the Cinturato Green intermediates for 50 laps – one of only three drivers (with Racing Point’s Sergio Perez and AlphaTauri’s Daniil Kvyat) to stop just once.
- The entire field started on the Cinturato Blue full wet tyres, apart from the two Williams cars, which started on the Cinturato Green intermediate.
- The crossover point – at which time it became faster to switch to the intermediates – was reached within 10 laps of the race start, prompting a flurry of pit stops onto the intermediate. Most drivers then stopped again, for fresh intermediates.
- Williams driver George Russell completed the longest first stint on his starting set of intermediates, running them for 32 laps. Hamilton ran his second stint on the intermediates for 50 laps in the race, Perez for 48.
- The weather remained cool all day, with track and ambient temperatures in the region of 13 degrees centigrade, and rain before the race start. Conditions dried out throughout the race, but nobody decided to use the slicks – due to a slippery track and with a risk of rain predicted for the end of the race that never quite materialised.
|BEST TIME BY COMPOUND|
|LONGEST STINT OF THE RACE|
|PIT STOP SUMMARY|
|CAR||DRIVER||START||PIT 1||PIT 2||PIT 3|
|5||VET||Wu||In (8)||In (33)|
|16||LEC||Wu||In (6)||In (30)|
|55||SAI||Wu||In (10)||In (33)|
|33||VER||Wu||In (11)||Iu (18)||In (43)|
|23||ALB||Wn||In (12)||In (34)|
|4||NOR||Wu||In (9)||In (36)|
|18||STR||Wu||In (9)||In (36)|
|3||RIC||Wu||In (10)||In (32)|
|31||OCO||Wu||Wu (1)||In (10)|
|10||GAS||Wu||In (10)||In (33)|
|77||BOT||Wn||Iu (7)||In (46)|
|7||RAI||Wu||In (8)||Iu (30)||In (50)|
|63||RUS||In||In (32)||In (42)|
|20||MAG||Wu||In (8)||Iu (34)|
|8||GRO||Wu||In (8)||In (36)|
|6||LAT||In||In (8)||In (38)|
C1 = Hard C1 | C2 = Medium C2 | C3 = Soft C3
n = new | u = used