Pirelli is chosen as original equipment for the most powerful new naked production machines alongside key new models across all segments of the 2020 motorcycle manufacturer ranges
- MV Agusta Rush 1000 & DIABLO SUPERCORSA V3 SP
- mv-agusta-turismo-veloce-800-rosso-scorpion-trail-ii (1)
- ducati-panigale-v2-diablo-rosso-corsa-ii (1)
- Ducati Panigale V2 & DIABLO ROSSO Corsa II
- Triumph Street Triple RS & DIABLO SUPERCORSA V3 SP
Seven Pirelli tyres were selected by some of the most prestigious motorcycle manufacturers as original equipment for their most exciting new models that will be available in dealerships in the New Year
Pirelli is again confirmed as the first and natural choice of many motorcycle manufacturers, selecting tyres from the Italian brand as original equipment for their upcoming new models of 2020.
The range of seven tyres were chosen to equip thirty-four new models from nine different motorcycle manufacturers: Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilia, Kawasaki, Triumph, Indian Motorcycle and the electric Energica Motor Company, Zero Motorcycles and Tacita.
The above-mentioned Pirelli tyres fitted to the new motorcycle offers were also on display at the recent Milan expo (EICMA) dedicated to the world of two wheels. The selection includes: the supersports focused DIABLO™ Supercorsa SP and DIABLO ROSSO™ CORSA II, the sports DIABLO ROSSO™ III, the timeless PHANTOM™ Sportscomp, and finally the SCORPION™ Trail II, MT 60™ RS and MT 60™ from the tyre family for enduro street and enduro on/off use.
Pirelli tyres equip all new 2020 models presented by Ducati:
- Ducati Streetfighter V4 / V4 S with DIABLO ROSSO™ CORSA II, 120/70 ZR17 front and 200/60 ZR17 rear
- Panigale V2 with DIABLO ROSSO™ CORSA II,120/70 ZR17 front and 180/60 ZR17 rear
- Panigale V4 / V4 S with DIABLO™ Supercorsa SP, 120/70 ZR17 front and 200/60 ZR17 rear
- Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour with SCORPION™ Trail II, 120/70 ZR17 front and 190/55 ZR17 rear
- Diavel 1260 “Dark Stealth” / Diavel 1260 S “Ducati Red” with DIABLO ROSSO™ III, 120/70 ZR17 front and 240/45 ZR17 rear
- Monster 1200 S “Black on Black” with DIABLO ROSSO™ III, 120/70 ZR17 front and 190/55 ZR17 rear
- Scrambler® Icon Dark with MT 60™ RS, 110/80 R18 front and 180/55 R17 rear
MV Agusta also chose Pirelli tyresfor their new models:
- RUSH 1000 with DIABLO™ Supercorsa SP, 120/70 ZR17 front and 200/55 ZR17 rear
- Brutale 1000 RR with DIABLO™ Supercorsa SP, 120/70 ZR17 front and 200/55 ZR17 rear
- Brutale 800 Rosso with DIABLO ROSSO™ III, 120/70 ZR17 front and 180/55 ZR17 rear
- Turismo Veloce 800 Rosso with SCORPION™ TRAIL II, 120/70 ZR17 front and 190/55 ZR17 rear
- Superveloce 800 / Superveloce 800 serie oro with DIABLO ROSSO™ Corsa II, 120/70 ZR17 front and 180/55 ZR17 rear
Many of the new models presented by Aprilia are equipped with Pirelli tyres:
- RS 660 with DIABLO ROSSO™ Corsa II, 120/70 ZR17 front and 180/55 ZR17 rear
- Tuono V4 1100, in the new colours Sachsenring red and Magny-Cours grey, with DIABLO™ ROSSO III, 120/70 ZR17 front and 190/55 ZR17 rear
- Tuono V4 1100 Factory with DIABLO™ Supercorsa, 120/70 ZR17 front and 190/55 ZR17 rear
- RSV4 RR / RSV4 RR Factory with DIABLO™ Supercorsa SP, 120/70 ZR17 front and 200/55 ZR17 rear
The ties between Pirelli and Italian motorcycle manufacturers is historically very strong but the tyres of the Milanese brand are also highly appreciated and regularly requested by many other manufacturers such as Kawasaki, Triumph Motorcycles and Indian Motorcycle.
For Kawasaki Pirelli is original equipment on the new Z H2 with DIABLO ROSSO™ III tyresin the sizes 120/70 ZR17 front and 190/55 ZR17 rear.
Also Triumph Motorcycles has announced several new models for 2020 choosing Pirelli tyres as original equipment:
- Street Triple RS with DIABLO™ Supercorsa SP, 120/70 ZR17 front and 180/55 ZR17 rear
- Daytona Moto2™ 765 Limited Edition with DIABLO™ Supercorsa SP, 120/70 ZR17 front and 180/55 ZR17 rear
- Bonneville Bud Ekins T120 and T100 Special Editions with PHANTOM™ Sportscomp, 100/90 - 18 front and 150/70 R17 rear
Another tyre much appreciated is the MT 60™ RS which, precisely for its design and performance, is the original equipment in the sizes 130/90 B16 front and 150/80 B16 rear of the Scout Bobber by Indian Motorcycle.
Pirelli is also the first tyre choice of motorcycle manufacturers that exclusively produce electric vehicles, among them Energica Motor Company, Zero Motorcycles and Tacita®.
The Energica Motor Company 2020 motorcycle range has upgraded to a new power unit with a 21.5 kWh lithium polymer battery that improves performance and saves weight. The following models benefit from this improvement:
- Ego+ with DIABLO ROSSO™ III, 120/70 ZR17 front and 180/55 ZR17 rear
- Eva Ribelle with DIABLO ROSSO™ III, 120/70 ZR17 front and 180/55 ZR17 rea
- Eva EsseEsse9+ with PHANTOM™ Sportscomp, 120/70 ZR17 front and 180/55 ZR17 rear
As for the Californian company Zero Motorcycles the following selections were made:
- SR/F with DIABLO ROSSO™ III, 120/70 ZR17 front and 180/55 ZR17 rear
- DSR Black Forest Edition with MT 60™, 110/90 19 front and 130/80 17 rear
Tacita®, another company that decided to focus on electric propulsion, chose Pirelli to equip its motorcycles. Both the T-Cruise Urban and the new T-Cruise Turismo are equipped with DIABLO ROSSO™ III tyres in the 120/70 ZR17 front and 160/60 ZR17 rear sizes.