PIRELLI MOTO2™ AND MOTO3™ FIRST OFFICIAL TESTING
The testing day starts at 10.00 am and finishes at 5.30 pm with the following schedule:
Moto3 10:00 - 10:55
Moto2 11:05 - 12:00
Moto3 12:10 - 13:20
Moto2 13:30 - 14:40
Moto3 14:50 - 16:05
Moto2 16:15 - 17:30
The tyres available for the test are the Pirelli slick DIABLO™ Superbike and the full wet DIABLO™ Rain. These tyres are not prototype but standard tyres, meaning the very same tyres used by professional riders in races can be purchased by any motorcyclist.
Each Moto2™ and Moto3™ rider has 9 sets of tyres available for the test for a total of 18 tyres (3 per each compound):
- 6 sets of slicks in 2 compounds for the front and two for the rear
- 3 sets of rain tyres all in the same compound (SCR1) both front and rear
Moto2™ riders have:
- 125/70 R17 front and 200/65 R17 rear slick tyres available in SOFT (SC1) and MEDIUM (SC2) compound for the FRONT and SOFT (SC0) and MEDIUM (SC1) compound for the REAR.
- 120/70 R17 front and 200/60 rear rain tyres in SCR1 compound.
Moto3™ riders have:
- 100/70 R17 front and 120/70 R17 rear slick tyres available in SOFT (SC1) and MEDIUM (SC2) compound for the FRONT and SOFT (SC1) and MEDIUM (SC2) compound for the REAR.
- 100/70 R17 front and 125/70 R17 rear rain tyres in SCR1 compound.
Recommended hot pressure range (after warmers) for slick tyres is (bar/psi)
- front: 2.2/2.4 (32/35)
- rear: 1.65/1.8 (24/26)
- front: 1.8/2.0 (26/29)
- rear: 1.7/1.9 (25/28)
For rain tyres the hot pressure after warmers must be slightly higher than for slicks.
No official timing is provided but the circuit leaves the finish line loop installed so that each team has lap times in their own data.
TESTING TYRES IN A NUTSHELL